GET PAID

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Chelsea Not Interested In Van Der Vaart


Wednesday, April 1, 2009 -- Premier League side Chelsea have denied that they ever tried to prise away unsettled Rafael van der Vaart from Spanish giants Real Madrid.
Van der Vaart was recently quoted as saying that he was frustrated at the lack of playing time at the Bernabeu under coach Juande Ramos and was even quoted as saying that he would welcome a move to Chelsea in the summer, although the Dutch international midfielder soon disclaimed that he even made those comments about moving to Chelsea.

Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink has now refuted claims that they were interested in Van der Vaart at any point. The Dutchman told Sportweek:

"I have said time and time again - I am leaving Chelsea at the end of May."

"I have not given [the directors of Chelsea] any advice on summer transfers. It has been reported by the press that Van der Vaart is on our shortlist, but this is not the case.

“He is a great player, but I reiterate, there is nothing concrete and I have not suggested any names. That will be the job of my successor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

specail report